Friday, January 21, 2011

Blast from the Past

A student comes up to me in the hallway today.

"Ms. Massie, I was looking at my University of Edinburgh prospectus last weekend, and I think I saw Mr. Goff..."

Remember this? Well, here it is, back to haunt us!

An intelligent and sociable young man:

They knew better than to put a guy who looks like Justin on the cover of the engineering section.

A vigorous walk up one of Edinburgh's scenic hills:

And wait! Who's that loitering in the background at the law school?


I'd know that backpack anywhere, I would.

My favorite part is imagining that student over the weekend. Here he is, minding his own business, just trying to get into college, and suddenly HUH? there's the Middle School English teacher, right there in the middle of the Edinburgh undergraduate prospectus. It's enough to make a kid paranoid.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! He's got the fame part down, but how about the fortune?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha wow, an international wonder!

    ReplyDelete